Michael Rareshide joined Site Selection Group in 2015 as Executive Vice President and is a partner. Rareshide’s vast experience includes national account portfolios and a notable expertise in mission critical data center real estate. He has represented Fortune 1000 corporations in large corporate headquarter relocations to small office needs across more than 325 office markets throughout North America and internationally.
Rareshide’s prior experience includes nearly 21 years with a prior national corporate real estate advisory firm, where as one of its top senior executives, he was responsible for that firm’s annual double digit growth over that period.
Rareshide’s breadth of expertise in the mission critical and data center real estate sector began in 1996 and over this period, he has underwritten and completed over 500 mission critical projects, comprising data centers, colocation sites, greenfield build to suits, and all other facets of technical spaces. His clients are a “Who’s Who” group including Windstream Communications, Equinix (Switch & Data), Flexential, AT&T Wireless, TierPoint and XO Communications (Allegiance).
Rareshide heads up the national account teams which has become well known for its depth of underwriting and consistent results for every project. Among many notable projects include:
- Windstream Communications’ 200,000 SF regional South Carolina headquarters and over 100 other office projects
- TierPoint’s multi-site new and expanded colocation data centers rollout
- Management of the entire technical site portfolio, including renewals and new rollouts, for Windstream Communications and XO Communicatons (Allegiance)
- Depository Trust’s 500+ employee relocation from NYC to Tampa
- Exodus Communications’ 200,000 SF Austin and Dallas data centers
- Allegiance Telecom’s 400,000 SF corporate headquarters consolidation (finalist for “Best Real Estate Deal”)
Rareshide started his career at Ernst & Young and is a CPA, and has had successful careers with national real estate developer Paragon Group as its Manager of Corporate Finance and then with Barclays Bank as its Senior Lead Underwriter.
Awards & Professional Involvement
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member, CORENET
- Noted Expert on industry panels and podcasts
- Bachelor of Business Administration, with concentration in Accounting, SMU, 1982